Saturday 22 February 2020

DARK NIGHT, BLACKED EYES.


Spent most of my days dwelling in shelter
A roof over my head and pains inside it's walls
Days turned years, years took me far from home and taught me to swim on my own
I froze during cold times and begged for calmness during stormy nights
I wished the fiercer fire that burned was in  a love that everyone would remember
The heat drove me crazy, I grew with this feelings of wild sovereign desire to find mine
And thereof I lived dreaded in reality, pulling myself from companies with less love to provide than comfort
Endangered my humanity to fake it as I was required to, playing like the king and Queen would usually do
I drunk peace in the abyss of my dreams, entered and not so deep into the drowning of it's fantasies
The night during the day brought rest of heart in it's sleeps and the battles I witnessed haunted my heart in the darkest of the night
While I play dead most times, resounding bangs of the fist of man claps hard around my ear walls, and out beats the pounding of my heart as it race fast
Of other encounters, my loud cries weren't noise enough to make my world settle.
In vivid explanations, I was tearing apart in a broken home
And in seeking to find and glue pieces back together, it just will only rain arguments and insults; blames and curses on high pitched voices
I feared staying awake to seeing my own precious victor's cry their innocence and wet the bed with pure drops of tears,I felt responsible to keep my tears flowing without a loud sound of wailing, endured one nights and more others.
The love I knew to find and relate to were in the pieces of the past memories
I troubled my progress with instant reminders of what manner of broken pain my heart sheltered.

Copyright Work:

Udifae©Read-a-magic


2 comments:

You are the best. Leave a comment to be better than the rest.